Friday, October 17, 2008

Changing Birthdays...

First, the little me was damn excited about inviting people...may they be known unknown ...tom dick or harry. What mattered was the fun of playing games , eating cake and owning all the importance for "The special day" ...excitement of opening the gifts immidiately the last kid has left..and a slight happiness for the remaining return gifts all for yourself...oh what a kid I was...

Then it were the days when the importance dint matter more than the fair distribution of chocolates taken to school and the pretty looking me with a new birthday dress. :) ..Silly me.

The Hostel birthdays...best of my experiences...A patient wait for the known surprise...Time takes so long to tick the hour most awaited...12.00am. Nobody asks when were you exactly born...just an implicit understanding..the day has started and you deserve a cake with your name on it ...doesnt matter what fraction actually goes down your throat...you cut it and we eat it ;)....everybody comes in and you get the loose "bukkas"..mini-blows just to complete the formality and cause some loose muscle to pain.I was fortunate to not have the "spoilt" gals messin up my room with eggs and stuff. Oh how I miss those days..

And now at home with with friends calling up who remember either via a blessed reminder from an angel-site or via self set reminders.Parents wishing as usual as if no years have been added to their kids life...only a day to be celebrated for everybodies happiness..:)..And at work ...wishes from colleagues and friends...reminded by one fellow with sharp grey cells or some other method. All you yearn is the people you value and love the most atleast send two words "Happy birthday"(You may call it maturity or loneliness. Either ways the feeling doesnt change.). No more expectation unlike the younger years where forgetting would be a punishable offense. Now, all you(atleast me) want is you are alive in the hearts of those you value and respect.

So many birthdays and so much give and take...just another reason to value life. Okay Im getting philosophical now.
But ya; I have a new conclusion this birthday(today). I have decided to keep the reminders on for my friends who wish to wish me on my birthday. The reason being the following:
Earlier understandin: Why force people to wish me? Why the artificial happiness? Just let the loved one s remember.
Current understanding: When I can forget birthdays so can my friends. Though we have the truest intention of wishing but our grey cells dont help much...In such cases it is best to angel-sites like orkut and octopop(though they mislead by pre-reminding) to remind you of your valued friends' birthdays.
Also why oppose your expectations for friends wishing by leaving it to their unpredictable memory and sadden yourself. :)
So friends who have hated me for blocking the reminders..I am sorry. The reminders are back .Rest is in your hands :).
Thanks again friends for all the wishes.
(P.S.Hey zaru. Thanks for reminding us(me n amz) we have a blog for expressing;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was actually shocked...a post frm ya...:)
n a nice reason to write too...u kno it feels nice..just penning down all ur thoughts hai na..:)
nice...time moves on...birthdays keep coming n going...celebrations r always there...just that the modus operandi keeps changing...:)


P.S.
n ur welcome..no need to thank me..will always keep reminding u ppl...:D

Unknown said...

wonderful.........felt more as if u penned down my thoughts....it not only feels good when u r wished but also when u sincerely wish good and pray 4 ur friends....but i block the reminders too;)......and sorry yaar...mere wished shayad hamesha belated aate hai:)....
luv u:)....