Friday, January 2, 2009

An attempt at poetry...


I like trying new things and here is my attempt at poetry... :) If you get bugged midway go to the end and please collect my best wishes typed in for you ;).

A bit scared a bit unsure
I stare at the next step
peeping within
Trying to recall
my intentions so pure

A butterfly flies by
distracted I watch it
and then suddenly realize
look at conscience eye to eye
trying not to lie

Now back at my step
see above and watch people
moving ahead fearlessly
soaring higher and higher
and i wish to take a leap

They say no shortcuts to success
so i get back to my step
lift my leg and fear grips again
uninvited questions barge in
and once again
I stay where I was.

Anxiety never leaves me alone
but hope is whom i never let be alone
dats d reason new-year has  gifted me
strength to fight fear and anxiety
So will has become my second home.

I shall rise and step-up
from the shackles that an idle mind has tied
Breaking free from self-made boundaries
And i found no word to rhyme this time
except for ketchup :D.

I re-read the above lines
quack-quack pass by the ducks
And I just realised
this poem sucks :D

Is it even a poem ??
Rhyme sequence : a , x, y ,z , a
:D

Wishes:
New year is the time to unfold new horizons
and realize new dreams,
to rediscover the strength  and faith within,
to rejoice in simple pleasures,
and gearup for new challenges.
Wishin you a very very Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

umm...id say...it was well written ... bt didnt fit the poetry bill..

Readable me :) said...

I am not sure I get you wen u say poetry bill.. ??

Unknown said...

duhh..tats a better way of sayin..it isnt a poem..:P

Unknown said...

ohh k :D well its slightly modified now ..do chk it out. ;) some after thoughts added.

Unknown said...

know what....its hilarious...couldn't stop laughing...
good write up......but don't call it a poetry;)).......m sure you were overwhelmed,or else you wouldn't attempt this:).....keep writing.......

Tess Kincaid said...

What I really noticed about this post, is the time! I've been seeing 11:11 on phones, microwaves, digital clocks, grocery store prices, computers, you name it, every day at least once, sometimes twice, for the last year. Is someone trying to tell me something?

Readable me :) said...

Im glad I am a messenger for a free soul as thyself ;).

FrostBite said...

well...........good first attempt.....congratulations!

Varun said...

Hmmm, thanks for the rhyme scheme at the end, would've never figured it out otherwise :P
You do get the message across tho - fly free :)